- Apple might be downgrading the battery capacity of the iPhone 12 models, according to new documents from multiple certification websites.
- According to the certifications, the 5.4-inch iPhone 12 will have a 2227 mAh battery, while the premium iPhone 12 Pro Max will have a 3687 mAh battery.
- Certifications for a new 20W iPhone charger suggests that Apple might also be boosting the charging speed capacity of the iPhone 12.
Many of the upgrades set to be featured on the iPhone 12 already leaked, from OLED displays on every new device to 5G support coming to Apple’s smartphones for the first time to the A14 CPU. As is the case every year, this will be the most powerful iPhone ever released, but a key element might actually get a downgrade. According to a leak from MySmartPrice, the iPhone 12 models will have smaller batteries than their predecessors.
On Monday, the publication shared a multitude of screenshots of certifications for three new batteries that might be linked to Apple’s upcoming smartphones. Interestingly, despite the fact that there are said to be four new iPhone 12 models in the works, just three batteries were listed, which seems to suggest (providing these really are the iPhone 12 batteries) that the two 6.1-inch iPhone 12 models will have the same battery capacity.
Today’s Top Deals
- Don’t be fooled by these fake NIOSH-approved N95 face masks – here’s what to get instead
- Today’s best deals: 50¢ face masks, Lysol spray, Purell sanitizer, $9 wireless charger, AirPods sale, smart bulbs, more
- The iPhone of forehead thermometers is down to its lowest price of 2020
Trending Right Now:
- Coronavirus survivor shares terrifying symptoms the CDC won’t tell us about
- A grapefruit-sized black hole may be hiding in our solar system
- Your chance of a new stimulus check can be summed up in 3 numbers
iPhone 12 leak suggests Apple may downgrade the battery capacity originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 13 Jul 2020 at 15:05:40 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.