- Coronavirus deaths are going to see a big upward spike over the next couple of weeks, according to a new forecast from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- The CDC is predicting as many as 160,000 total dead in the US by August. It’s because of coronavirus surges the CDC says are coming from 12 states including hotspots like Florida.
- To date, there have been more than 3.3 million confirmed coronavirus infections in the US.
Between now and the end of the month, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is estimating that more than eight times as many Americans could die from the coronavirus than died in the Sept. 11 terror attacks in New York City.
That’s according to a new forecast from the CDC which shows that an expected surge in deaths will push the overall number of people in the US who’ve succumbed to the virus from more than 135,000 today (according to the latest numbers from Johns Hopkins University) to as many as 160,000 total dead by August.
Today’s Top Deals
- 7 things you desperately need to fight coronavirus, according to CDC guidelines
- Don’t be fooled by these fake NIOSH-approved N95 face masks – here’s what to get instead
- Today’s best deals: 50¢ face masks, Lysol spray, Purell sanitizer, $9 wireless charger, AirPods sale, smart bulbs, more
Trending Right Now:
- Your chance of a new stimulus check can be summed up in 3 numbers
- Whistleblower says China has been lying about coronavirus the whole time
- Coronavirus survivor shares terrifying symptoms the CDC won’t tell us about
If you live in one of these states, the coronavirus pandemic is going to get much worse originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 13 Jul 2020 at 21:12:33 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.