- Coronavirus update: Florida recorded a record 15,300 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday, which is the most reported in a single day by one state since the pandemic began.
- Meanwhile, anti-mask activists gathered for a protest against mask requirements as a grilled cheese bar in Windermere, Florida on Saturday, a day before the record was announced.
- Disney World also reopened in Orlando, just as the COVID-19 surge was reaching new heights.
This weekend, Florida blew past New York’s previous record of more than 12,000 daily confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus with a stunning 15,300 cases of its own. That’s by far the most cases that any US state has reported in a single day since the pandemic began about four months ago, and it came hours after Florida announced that close to 7,000 patients are currently hospitalized throughout the state with COVID-19. But, because everything is terrible, so-called anti-mask activists decided this weekend would be a good time to hold a rally.
Today’s Top Deals
- Don’t be fooled by these fake NIOSH-approved N95 face masks – here’s what to get instead
- Today’s best deals: 50¢ face masks, Lysol spray, Purell sanitizer, $9 wireless charger, AirPods sale, smart bulbs, more
- The iPhone of forehead thermometers is down to its lowest price of 2020
Trending Right Now:
- Your chance of a new stimulus check can be summed up in 3 numbers
- A grapefruit-sized black hole may be hiding in our solar system
- Coronavirus survivor shares terrifying symptoms the CDC won’t tell us about
Anti-mask protesters gather in Florida as coronavirus records are broken originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 13 Jul 2020 at 15:59:03 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.