- As the PS5 release date approaches, a new piece of leaked material suggests that Sony might have a black version of the PlayStation 5 in stores at some point in the future.
- A marketing image that Sony provided to a company made its way to an online forum that’s known for other gaming leaks.
- The image shows a variety of Sony products, including black versions of the PS5 console and DualSense controller
Now that we actually know what the PlayStation 5 will look like, you’d think fans would be happy. But not everybody likes the design that Sony showed a few weeks ago during an online-only event that was mostly about new games. The new console is unusually tall, but Sony needed it to look this way so that the next-gen CPU and GPU could be cooled efficiently. Others may not necessarily like the curved side panels, especially compared to the Xbox Series X’s simple design. And others don’t like the color. The only PS5 version that Sony confirmed so far is white and black with blue accents. But a Sony exec hinted the PS5 is the most customizable console Sony has ever made, without explaining exactly what that means.
Fans have speculated that a black version of the PS5 must be in the works, considering that’s been the traditional color of PlayStation consoles. We have no way of knowing whether Sony is indeed going to launch a black PS5 anytime soon, but someone posted a photo on a forum that suggests the Japanese console maker is indeed planning an all-black PlayStation 5.
Today’s Top Deals
- Don’t be fooled by these fake NIOSH-approved N95 face masks – here’s what to get instead
- Today’s best deals: 50¢ face masks, Lysol spray, Purell sanitizer, $9 wireless charger, AirPods sale, smart bulbs, more
- The iPhone of forehead thermometers is down to its lowest price of 2020
Trending Right Now:
- A grapefruit-sized black hole may be hiding in our solar system
- Coronavirus survivor shares terrifying symptoms the CDC won’t tell us about
- Whistleblower says China has been lying about coronavirus the whole time
Huge PS5 leak could be our first look at a new color option originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 13 Jul 2020 at 14:38:59 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.