- The Trump White House has now taken the extraordinary step of openly working to discredit one of its key advisors during the coronavirus pandemic — Dr. Anthony Fauci.
- White House officials have been circulating a memo to members of the press containing reasons they think Fauci shouldn’t be listened to as a voice of authority on the coronavirus.
- Trump officials have also taken to calling Fauci “Dr. Doom and Gloom” behind his back.
Aides to President Trump have taken to calling Dr. Anthony Fauci “Dr. Doom and Gloom” behind his back. That’s according to new reporting that’s been trickling out since this weekend which reveals a depressing new response from the Trump White House to the coronavirus pandemic — instead of getting behind a comprehensive, aggressive plan to tackle what’s proven to be the greatest crisis facing the US in generations, officials have basically just started Mean Girl-ing one of the highest-profile voices of authority in the nation.
We’re talking, of course, about Fauci, who also serves as the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. And who, as we mentioned this weekend, is now the subject of a whisper campaign from White House officials whose desire for a positive narrative is clashing with Fauci’s glum prognostications.
Today’s Top Deals
- Don’t be fooled by these fake NIOSH-approved N95 face masks – here’s what to get instead
- Today’s best deals: 50¢ face masks, Lysol spray, Purell sanitizer, $9 wireless charger, AirPods sale, smart bulbs, more
- No one knows about this secret sale that slashes the Fire TV Stick 4K to $25
Trending Right Now:
- Your chance of a new stimulus check can be summed up in 3 numbers
- Whistleblower says China has been lying about coronavirus the whole time
- Coronavirus survivor shares terrifying symptoms the CDC won’t tell us about
Is it time for Dr. Fauci to leave, since the White House is now openly fighting him? originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 13 Jul 2020 at 17:47:18 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.